Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Fuel Gauge Wiring

Greetings:

I recently purchased a Yamaha 6Y7-85750-10-00 fuel gauge for use with a multifunction tachometer. Is there diagram available for the fuel gauge wiring?

The wires out of the gauge are:
    Harness 1:
    Black
    White (female connector)
    Yellow

Harness 2:
    Black
    Blue

Regards

The yellow, black and blue wires connect to same color wires at harness going to tach. The white wire connects to fuel tank sender wire usually a pink wire coming from gas tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Fuel gauge wiring

I have a 2004 yamaha 150hp 4-stroke. It came with two digital guages one of which is MPH and it has a digital bar on the right hand side that is labled fuel. This fuel guage has never worked and I think it is just not hooked up. The boat has an analog gauge built into it and that sort of works.

Is hooking up the digital fuel gauge that came with the boat simply a matter of swinging the wire over? Is this a bad idea for some reason?

What color is the wire off the digital gauge that came with the motor?

Thanks
      Brad

Comment

Yes just move the pink wire on analog fuel gauge to white wire on speedo. The speedo has dip switches in back of gauge that need to be checked, number 3 switch should be in down position and number 4 switch in up position in order to read fuel sender correctly.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X