Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Small Hose on T60

2006 T60TLR powering a 24' Pontoon Boat

Just installed engine and still awed by the engineering and manufacturing that went into this motor. Just looking around and found a small diameter tube in the front of the engine just above the ports for the fuel, control box, digital tach, etc. Its about 1/8" ID clear soft plastic hose that is dayglow orange. It runs from someplace below all the above and was tucked in between some of the hardware just above the ports. It is not connected on the visible end to anything and can't see anything close by that it could be connected to. Was unable to trace it to its source below all the incoming harnesses. Engine ran great last weekend on our first outing to break it in. Now have about 2 hours on it. Anyone have any ideas what it is for? Thanks

Maybe for the speedometer if it goes down to the lower unit.

Comment

Small tube id

Well I misspoke on where that tube is located. It is not on the front of the engine. Sorry about that.

It comes out the right side from behind the intake manifolds. It just lays up in the curves of the manifold and is open ended. This clearly shows on one picture. It runs from there down under the manifold and up behind it. Sorry but just couldn't get a good picture up behind the manifold to see where it plugs in. It must be some sort of drain but no signs of anything coming from it.

Does anyone know what it is for?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

It's the drain hose for vapor separator tank, it's only used when draining tank.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

VST Draining?

Thanks for spelling out VST for me. Saw a lot of references but couldn't find a post that spelled it out.

Now that I know what it is, the hose, is draining the VST part of routine maintenance task, winterizing or what??

Comment

Working...
          X