2000 Lz150txry 150 Hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Lz150txry 150 Hpdi

I have a pair of 2000 Yamaha 150 HPDI's that I had rebuilt 80 hours ago. I have developed a slight idling issue on occasion when one engine is warm and it sometimes dies and needs a little throttle tweaking to keep running at idle. I also have purchased new gauges and purchased the conversion adapters for the gauges and they still do not function properly, but they do show the RPM's correctly.
    I often venture 50+ miles offshore and want to check the engines and make sure everything is running ok. I read a post that mentioned a Yamaha YDS kit for plugging into the engines for checking the diagnostics. Can someone point me in the right direction for purchasing this device? Also, what is the best approach for getting the multi function gauges to work properly? Any help will be appreciated and sorry if these questions are novice.

Could be a problem with throttle position sensor or sync of linkage. Probably does need to be checked with computer diagnostic. We don't have any of the YDIS software available any longer.
    Make sure you have the dip switch settings correct in tach, set for 3 wire trim sender, 12 pole alternator and 2 stroke engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the reply! I just noticed you are shown in Lake Placid, do you know of any good Yamaha mechanics in the Hudson, FL area?

Comment

Working...
      X