trim tilt on a F60AET please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim tilt on a F60AET please help

i have a f60AET (2002) which i have bought for my fishing boat. but the trim tilt did not work, so i have rebuilt the pump and ram unit cleaning every think. i then bleed it by pushing and pulling the ram up and down refilling the oil as needed with release screw open. then i closed the screw and tryed it with the motor, but i could not get the ram to power down more than half way. it goes up perfect but will only come down half way. if unscrew the release screw it will go down and back up but i can feel air in the ram (bouncy for a inch or so)
    today i fitted the whole unit to my engine so i would have the wieght of the engine to bleed out the trapped air and its now a alot better and goes up and down fully but it realy strugles to lift the last couple of inchs. it sound and feels like trapped air or low oil but the level is full and i have blead it time and time again.
    any help greatly recived

cheers john

It sounds like it still has air in it, try loosen manual release screw and lift motor up and down by hand 3 or 4 times(check fluid each time is in up position) to see if helps.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X