No Spark left Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark left Bank

Hey guys ive got a 97 yamaha 130 (2-cycle, SWS) with Spark only going to the right side of the engine(from the back). Was curious if someone with a manual could tell me how to properly test the Stator + CDI to make sure that's not it. The only other thing I can think of is that its in some type of "limp mode", but im not sure if I need to test for continuity or lack of it, for the Oil reservoir sensor. Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the engine will "limp" if the oil sensor trips. I swapped the coils form the left to the right, but the problem didn't follow. I have no idea why only the right side is getting spark.

To test ignition components you will need a peak reading volt meter and test procedures are in service manual, Resistance test alone may not show a bad component. If its in safe mode the rpm's will be limited to 2000 rpm's, buzzer will sound and if have warning lights in tach the overheat or oil lights will activate.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      To test ignition components you will need a peak reading volt meter and test procedures are in service manual, Resistance test alone may not show a bad component. If its in safe mode the rpm's will be limited to 2000 rpm's, buzzer will sound and if have warning lights in tach the overheat or oil lights will activate.
      Does someone have a pdf they could PM to me for the Service manual?

Comment

Working...
      X