Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just changed Replacement Gas Filter/separators ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just changed Replacement Gas Filter/separators ...

just changed Gas Filter/separators ... now i got engine started and now running rough ,,
    the engine has not been run in a time 3 months the plugs were kinda new would the filter have anything to do with the engine running rough richard r

Did you have fuel stabilizer in your fuel during 3 month lay-up? If not, then most likely fuel degraded and fouled your system. The fuel/water seperator doesn't eliminate the need for fuel stabilizer. Good Luck!

Comment

What year and model ?

What's the year and model of your motor? If it's one of the old carb motors, and you let it sit for months at a time without running it, the carb jets and passages get clogged up and will have to be cleaned out. Don't let a carbed motor sit with fuel in the carbs for more than a couple weeks (at most) without running the motor. You're asking for trouble.

- Mike

Comment

thank guys

Its a 1996 200 saltwater 2 I ran it today sitting the drive way sonud like missing cylder so i have to get new spark plues i put 5 gallon of good gas in it with gas treatment there was very little gas in it before this .suck started rite up I sprayed carb cleaner in the carbs before i started it .but have not put it in the water yet anything else i can do???

richard R

Comment

Originally posted by Hamfisted View Post
          What's the year and model of your motor? If it's one of the old carb motors, and you let it sit for months at a time without running it, the carb jets and passages get clogged up and will have to be cleaned out. Don't let a carbed motor sit with fuel in the carbs for more than a couple weeks (at most) without running the motor. You're asking for trouble.

- Mike
          how would i clean jets just in case???

Comment

Working...
          X