Racor 2-Micron Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racor 2-Micron Filter

About to buy a couple of these, but at about $50 a piece I want to make sure I'm not screwing up. I've read somewhere, maybe here, that all the screens in the VST and injectors are 2-micron. Am I foolish to assume that by installing this filter I could eliminate any of these screens from ever being clogged? If so, why doesn't Yamaha recommend these or come out with their own?

This sounds too good to be true.

Thanks Guys!
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

There have been some threads on this forum recently from Just-In-Time, I believe, saying some of his customers have had great success with the 2 micron filters for the VST screens and injectors. If I had a motor like yours I'd definitely add the 2 micron filters. I mean, it can only pay for itself in dependability and repairs. Good Luck!

Comment

just installed 2 micron filters

I just installed a racor 2 micron filter to replace my old racor 10 micron filter. The filter I bought could use the same housing as the old one. S3228SUL is the model number for the 2 micron filter cartridge. We will see how it goes. Try marinefilters.com (The leading provider of Racor Filters on the web). Call them if the 2 micron kit or cartridge is not listed on their web site. It wasn't when I looked but I called and they shipped it out. I paid ~$19.50 for the cartridge. Not sure how much the whole kit would be. Once caveat may be you have to change it out more often. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Herb that's what I wanted to hear. Now I do remember JustInTime Mr. Graham and found those posts. Oh, are you saying my old girl needs high maintenance??

Comment

Forgot to ask, Is that part number good for the Yamaha mount??

Comment

I do not believe so. I think the yamaha mount has a smaller diameter opening in the center of the filter. If I were you I'd double check that before purchasing. Also, I believe the yamaha filter is an enclosed unit. The racor I have has a separate attachable see-thru plastic bowl with a drain fitting to drain any water that may accumulate. You'll probably have to buy the whole unit consisting of mount, filter, and drain bowl. The drain bowl is reusable from filter to filter.

Comment

Working...
            X