• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction Tach Installation

Yamayha 2006 T60TLR 4 Stroke, High Thrust, installing on a 24' pontoon boat
    703 Control Box with choke, neutral safe, safety lanyard
    Tachometr Multifunction Rig Kit 2, 10-6YR-W0035-E2-00
    I also have a diagram from the forum but it doesn't quite match my harness configuration in that it shows 2 plugs coming off the harness to the engine where I have only one.

I have been unable to find where to plug the harness to the engine is. I can only find one plug on the engine just below the starter, that has the same physical shape/size as the plug on the end of the Tack's. However the color of the wires on the motor side do not come close to the harness'. Motor side is colored pink, pink with a white stripe and then 2 pink with black stripes. There is what I call a blind plug plugged into it. I guess it could even be a jumper plug but didn't check for that. The gage plug going to the engine is grey, pink, green and a green with a red stripe. If this isn't the right plug where would I find the right plug?

I think the individual wire connections at the back of the gage seems OK. Just did a color match on the end of the

The control box has some unused individual connections but was able to match the individual colors to the harness coming out of the Tach harness.

Also there are 2 wires coming out of the middle of the tach to control box harness that say they are lights. There is a doubled yellow (tied together with a insulation sleeve, female connector) and a single blue male wire. Which is the ground and which is the connection to the anchor light on. At least I assume it should be the stern anchor on light

I am at a complete stop until I can resolve the major question, what connector do I use at the engine. Also would like to know what the extra wires hanging out of the 703 control box are for.

Thanks

The wire harness for gauges(Trim/Oil harness) the wire colors wont match, match the connector color(off white colored for Multifunction gauges) of wire harness to same colored connector on engine(2005 and newer motors only have one connector).
    The backlight in gauge can be connected to key switch or to baot nav lights, in the middle of harness going to control box there is a yellow and blue wire. If you connect yellow to blue lights in gauge will come on with key switch. If connect the blue wire(leave yellow not connected to anything) to the nav light switch in boat lights will come on when boat lights are on. DO NOT connect to both key switch and nav lights.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Clarification on Blue/Yellow Connection

It makes sense to use the key switch to turn the light on in the Multifunction Tach, at least to me.

"If you connect yellow to blue lights in gauge will come on with key switch. "

Do you mean the wires on the harness from the tach to the control box? Or to some other yellow or blue wires out of the 703 control box?
      Last edited by jayboy70; 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM. Reason: completeness

Comment

The harness between gauge and control box(key switch if have switch panel in dash) with the inlne fuses in it, look for a short yellow and blue wire in middle of harness and connect the yellow wire to the blue wire.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Light Wires for Key Operation

Thanks I will try connecting the 2 wires in the middle of the gage harness together as you indicate.

Comment

Working...
          X