200 V-Max billowing smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 V-Max billowing smoke

I have a 1997 200 V-Max that recently started billowing smoke at low rpm.

Can anyone suggest how to disconnect the oiling system to follow the suggestion of pre-mixing the gas at 50:1, as a permanent solution to the oiling system problem?

I am wondering if the oil line between the engine oil tank and the oil pump can be cut and plugged, where the oil level in the engine oil tank will stay full and not cause a low sensor problem? Would this be an acceptable work around?

After an engine is broken in, is there any downside to pre-mixing gas and running a 50:1 ratio?

Thanks!

Woah, why not fix the problem instead? The Yamaha oil injection system is one of the best. Maybe the oil pump linkage on the pump is stuck at full oil. Happened to me once and had similar smoke issue and fouled plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
      Woah, why not fix the problem instead? The Yamaha oil injection system is one of the best. Maybe the oil pump linkage on the pump is stuck at full oil. Happened to me once and had similar smoke issue and fouled plugs.
      How did you get the linkage unstuck?

Comment

Lubed the ball stud and fiddled with the linkage till it worked smoothly and returned properly. I had noticed that one motor was using twice the oil out of it's main (in boat) tank.

Comment

Working...
        X