hats off to yamaha motor corp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hats off to yamaha motor corp.

the first pair of f200's 2002 models i rigged when the motors were first introduced, hit 10000 hours each today. this sounds like a big feat however i have done every bit of maintenance on these engines since new and i can say first hand all we have ever done is water pumps , fuel filters and oilchanges. with the exception of the warranty updates from the dealer. i know the owner of these engines and believe me they get ran alot and hard. he is just as pleased as i am so for that all i can say is

HATS OFF TO THE FINE ENGINEERS AND PEOPLE OF YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION AND ALL OF THOSE WHO SERVICE THIER PRODUCTS AND FOR THIS FORUM YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND I FEEL EXTREMELY PRIVILAGED AND BLESSED TO BE A PART OF THAT!!!!!

i really hope there are others who have had similar pleasing expierences and are as happy as i.

as a side note, the above engines have just as much power adn just as good of fuel economy as the day they were hung on the boat. they are on a 25' mako center console 1984 model with a t-top and tower

Comment

Yep, my experience with Yamahas has been excellent with no problems at all. Good maintenance and clean, fresh fuel and you can pretty well count on these motors!

Comment

Yamaha Motors

I will add my two cents. I own twin 1986 115 Yamaha,s with oil injection. Both motors still run as good as ever. They are both run with the oil injection system. I have convinced quite a few of my friends to switch to Yamaha engines when buying a boat. Can't beat them.

Comment

Yep, from reading these forums a person might get the impression that a lot of folks are having a lot of problems with their outboard motors. But I believe that, inversely, that most folks motors are running pretty darn well, and in many cases, in spite of their lack of good preventive maintenance. I have a son, nephew and brother-in-law all running Yamahas, and none of them doing what I would consider really good maintenance, but their motors are "running just fine, so why worry about it" is their response. I just like my motor to be running at 100% all the time, so guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Just some thoughts on this subject.

Comment

yamaha nightmare

I am glad you are happy, I have a 90 hp yamaha and it is a nightmare. This has to be the worst quality outboard around. I never had problems with Johnson/OMC products before.

Unfortunatley it came on the boat I really wanted. I think the previous owner had problems too as it had a rebuilt power head a couple of years ago and is only a 10 year motor. He shove his problem on me.

Dragging a pontoon boat up a river multiple times is not my idea of fun.

Comment

Sorry about your problems, guess there's always a bad apple or lemon in anything mechanical. I'd be interested to hear all what problems you've been having. Good Luck!

Comment

yea sounds like you had a lemon there are a few of those out there. i have seen and heard about 99% positive feedback

Comment

Working...
                X