Lower Unit Compatabliity Cross Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Unit Compatabliity Cross Reference

I am new to this, comes from being both poor and the owner of a 2003 60HP with a bad lower unit. Can't afford to pay someone to fix it. Actually just to cheap but same thing to me!

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a cross reference chart somewhere that will tell me what sizes/models/years would have a compatible lower unit.

I have a manual coming on a DVD that is supposed to have about everything they ever made (if you believe the ad) but it is not here yet.

Anyway I wanted to start looking for a price to replace the unit. I suspect it may be more badly damaged than I care to tackle myself. I messed up and didn't set the lever to keep it raised and when I was towing it the motor came down and the prop made a nice furrow in the parking lot of a Hotel 8.

Didn't seem to be broken then but now my lower unit is leaking oil from the prop bearings and the water pump isn't pumping.

I will tear it apart to examine it, but I figure with my luck (or lack or paying attention) a spare lower unit might be a good investment if I can find one.

what model 60 model#? there are a few different model 60's and the model number will pinpoint the answer you are looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish1229 View Post
      what model 60 model#? there are a few different model 60's and the model number will pinpoint the answer you are looking for
      60TLRB I think (the paperwork is at home)

Comment

well you are in luck i have a 2001 60hp that has 2 seized pistons however the lower unit is good email me for details bigfish1229@gmail.com

Comment

90/100 - 115 - 150hp

I'm also wondering about lower units.

Do you have to go by part number?

I'm wondering if any of these 4 strokes have the same lower units 20 or 25". I have two 25" 100hps ("90" now) and one in parts, one 20" on a zodiac and a 115hp on a zodiac. Interested in possibly taking 25" lower end from 2002 100hp and using on a 115hp? ... any chance they are similar? ... what about the 150s?

thanks

tom

www.oceanexplorations.ca
          Last edited by tiverton.tom; 10-02-2009, 02:16 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

looking

im looking for a lower unit for a 2010 Yamaha 70 trl if anyone has on let me know

Comment

Working...
            X