Help! Need Part No for Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need Part No for Order

I placed an order this weekend for control box 703 and the shift/throttle cables. I have been unable to find what part I need for the control box end of the cables. I was hoping that it would be the same as the motor end, which I did find, so I went ahead and ordered 4 of them. Checked this morning and sure nuff they only have 3 so will hold the rest of the order until then get one more $3.40 part. They were also missing the power harness. On Yamaha Global Home on that part they said to see the dealer. Does anyone know what gauge wire it is and I'll just use my old one off the Johnson engine now and have someone fabricate one when I am ready to sell my old engine.

Of course mayby the control box already has them but not found on the diagram I found.

They plan on holding the entire order until they can fill all of it so I'd like to know what end is used for the control box and cut my order to 2 and get the power cable from a local source.

You know this is like Christmas in September and I need my toys ASAP so we can get on the lake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jayboy70

The new 703 control box comes with cable ends for connecting cables to control box. The cable ends for engine are different than control box and different depending on model of engine, look at parts diagram for your model motor and under Control Engine tab you can find part number for cable ends.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Think I Have it

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      The new 703 control box comes with cable ends for connecting cables to control box. The cable ends for engine are different than control box and different depending on model of engine, look at parts diagram for your model motor and under Control Engine tab you can find part number for cable ends.
      I did find a part number from my local Cabela's who is my closest Yamaha service dealer. 703-48345-01-00 and it takes an "E" clip to hold them on. Glad to hear they are included.

I cancelled the battery wiring harness because is was out of stock and I will see if I can have it fabricated or find a old engine being parted out and pick up one that way. $128 for 4-5 foot long battery cable is pricey. I wonder what gage the wire is. If you know I'd appreciate the info so I don't over or under size it. I'll drop by and look at one of Cabela's boats on the lot which will give me a good idea. They allowed they couldn't fab one for me.

Should receive the 703 CB, cables, ends and Multi function gage by Wed. or Thurs so may make it this weekend to the lake. I'm retired so can dedicate all my time to this project with a few demands from wife of 52 years. She can be demanding.

I also ordered the Yamaha Service Manual and have no idea when it will show. Should I go ahead and get a Seloc manual also?

Thanks

Thanks boats.net for your help.

Comment

4 gauge battery works on most Yamaha motors(if 8ft or less in length), you haven't said what motor you have.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Motor

Yamaha 2006 4-Stroke T60 TLR. Need approximately 6 foot.

Comment

Working...
          X