Water in the fuel line or air ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in the fuel line or air ?

Hello, I bought an used boat and motor and have no experience with a built in aluminum gas tank. Does air and water act the same when it gets to the motor? What would it look like? Thanks

If you are talking about Ethanol drawing moisture for the air and creating water in fuel. It can do the same in carbs on engine but mostly in gas tank. Once it starts the phase separation the water may be Tea colored but gas and water doesn't mix and water will be at bottom with gas on top. Installed a water/fuel separator fuel filter in boat and change often to keep water out of engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Add a 10 Micron Fuel/Water Filter-Separator

Better put you a 10 micron fuel water separator and if you can still away from using ethanol fuel and use non-ethanol fuel you would how no problems with your motor fromm bad fuel. I think also using the "startron" additive (made by startbrite) or the new ethanol treatment additive that Stabil makes (not the red Stabil) would be a great idea too. I am speaking from personal experience. I have a 150 4-stroke and before I did those things I had big problems with my motor.

Comment

in line gas filter

Thanks for all the help, I added seafoam to the gas tightened all them line connections, changed to 10 micron filter and no improvement was noted. Than I started thinking of what I had done before I started to have problems, I cleaned the carbs and sinked the motor, so I redid both ( no change) than I looked at the Innocent looking clear in line filter I installed outside the motor so I could see if I was getting gas,well I could see gas and the bubbles that I thought was air or water, I took this filter off and no more trouble

Comment

Working...
        X