Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! 02' Yamaha 70HP tilt-trim problem

HI All,

New to forum and have a problem. I just purchased a 2002 Yamaha 70HP and Scout boat. When I got it her home, she started right up and the power trim on the throttle and the switch on the motor worked fine. Now the trim switch on the motor does not activate the trim, but the throttle trim switch works. I get no noise out of the motor trim switch. I took the cover off and checked for corrosion, unplugged the switch and plugged it back in, tapped on the switch and NOTHING. Any suggestions? Thanks and I am happy to be aboard.

John

Thank you for your response JUST-IN-TIME, I checked to see if I was getting power to the harness where the switch plugs in, and I am not getting any power. Is this normal? Do you still think it is the switch or should I be getting power to the harness red wire where it meets the switch connector. Thanks,

John

Comment

Red, green and light blue wires.

Comment

Is the inline fuse to the red wire?

Comment

The only fuse is the engine fuse which control both switches.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I found it. Approximately 2 inches from the connector (engine side) the red wire, which by the way was covered with shrink wrap had a hole in the insulation and green corrosion which had eaten through the copper wire. There was no damage to the shrink wrap so I don't know how that could have happened. At any rate the red wire is now powered up. Thanks for the responses.

John

Comment

Working...
            X