1993 yamaha 200 NO TOP END SPEED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 yamaha 200 NO TOP END SPEED

I just started having a problem a couple of weeks ago. My 1993 200 Yamaha acts like it is not getting good fuel flow. It idles great, it starts great, but when I punch it to get up on plane after about 30 to 40 seconds it starts bogging down. Last year I changed the fuel line and primer bulb from tank to primer bulb. The pick up and tank looked very clean. I just replaced the water separator filter, small fuel filter on engine, spark plugs, water pump, both fuel pumps and thermostats. The oil reservoir on the motor has oil to the full line. No alarms are sounding. The fuel filter on the motor is full of fuel. The primer bulb does not collapse when running. Some of this was just preventive maintenance issues. I use the boat just about every weekend so it does not sit. I use STAR-TRON fuel additive and 2 cycle synthetic motor oil. I did a compression test. All cyl have 100 to 105 PSI. Could it be a faulty sensor? Oil pump? Please advise!

sounds like a carb cleaning is in order, while running up hi, push in choke , see if it helps.

Comment

nokeytime carb rebuild

Ok it looks like I will be rebuilding her carbs. Thank you for the advice.

Comment

I think I found the problem. I pulled the three carbs off today. The fuel line assembly between the carbs has the inside rubber breaking down. There was enamel and other deposits present just there. The rest on the fuel system looks very clean. I already ordered rebuild kits so when they get here I will go ahead and rebuild them. I will post the results when I finish. Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

Working...
        X