starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problem

I have a 1993 yamaha 115tlrr with a trim relay problem that I had to reverse the wires at the battery to get the motor to raise back up. After I connected the wires correctly to the battery the motor would no turn over and the choke would not work either. I found the 30 amp fuse that was bad and replaced it with another fuse. Once a new fuse was put the choke will work now but the starter still does nothing. Thank You and God Bless for any suggestions.

There are two inline fuses on that engine make sure both are ok, reversing battery leads will blow the fuses. Recheck battery cable connections.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have replaced both fuses and checked the connections again and they are correctly connected.

Comment

Check to see if have 12 volts at brown wire on starter relay with ignition key in start position, if do then see if have 12 volts at wire going to starter with key in start position. If no volts at brown wire then it could be key switch, neutral switch or main harness. If no volts to starter then bad starter relay. Providing battery and cables are good.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

starter problem?

I replaced the starter relay once I found out there was not 12 volts between the two wires at the starter. Even after replacing the starter relay there is no volts at the starter?

Comment

The brown wire on the relay, to any wire on the starter... there is no volts. But there is 12 volts from the red wire from the battery that is connected directly to the starter relay and the wires on the starter.

Comment

If you don't have 12 volts between brown wire and ground with ignition key in start position then check key switch(same test with brown wire) neutral safety switch and main harness between key switch and engine for broken brown wire.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X