1990 200 hp pitot system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 200 hp pitot system

I have a 1990 200 hp Precision Blend with Yamaha gauges and am not getting a speed reading. I want to make sure the pitot inlet (and tube) on the lower unit is not clogged. I thought I'd just drop the lower unit and run a wire through the top side and hopefully out the pitot inlet. Anyone know what is in there, if anything? I don't want to damage anything.

Might try blowing out with air first......

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
      Might try blowing out with air first......
      That's a good idea...I can put an air nozzle at the tube disconnect. Saving having to drop the lower unit. Still though, is there anything in there like a seal or bellows gaget that I can damage? Or is it just a tube?

Comment

Just the tubing and a connector. Might blow apart the connector but I doubt it. Apply air and have someone check for bubbles at the lower unit. Also tilt motor and take a paperclip and stick it in the hole......

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
          Just the tubing and a connector. Might blow apart the connector but I doubt it. Apply air and have someone check for bubbles at the lower unit. Also tilt motor and take a paperclip and stick it in the hole......
          Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X