digital tachometer wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital tachometer wiring

I recently installed a Yamaha multifunction outboard tachometer to hook up to my F115TXRB. Cannot get the trim indicator wiring figured out. Got the DIP switches set right, but the trim shows all bars and top one blinks. Don't know what color wires from the instrument need to be attached to the two from the sending unit harness on the motor. Anyone know?

Check the trim cam is not broken. Its a plastic clamp looking piece on tilt tube of transom bracket(can be seen from front of motor), look for cracks. Check the trim sender is not stuck, should move up and down by hand.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Multifunction Tach Question 2

Thanks. Got it. The harness connector wire colors don't match the tach or motor connection colors. Pink from tach was the pick up and black to ground, pink and black from motor sender. All is good on that.

Now question 2:

The tach has a grey, a green w/ white tracer and a green w/ red tracer. What do they need to hook up to?? On my '03 F115 I found a four pin male connector with two pink (I think they are) wires. Nothing is attached to them. ??? What are they supposed to attach to?

Comment

The trim/oil harness you installed for gauges should have had 2 off white colored square connectors on each end of harness, if the one you installed only has 1 connector on each end then you have the wrong harness and tach for your motor.
        1994-2004 motors uses
        6Y5-8350T-82-00 Multifunction tach
        68F-82553-90-00 Trim/oil harness
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X