TLR90 Tach setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLR90 Tach setting

I have a 2006 TLR90 that I'm putting a Telflex Sportsman series tach on. The settings on the back are 2P/4C, 3P/6C, 4P/8C, 5P, and 6P. C=CYL and P=PULSES.

From reading through this forum I believe the TLR90 has a 12 pole alternator and that I should set the tach to 6P.

Is this correct? Thanks in advance...

I would assume that you need to set it for 12 poles. The Yamaha 90 is for a fact 12 Pole. If that option is not available you will need another tach with that option. I just put a tach on my 02 Yamaha 90. I put it on as a reality check since my boat did not come with one. Tiny Tach is the brand. Cost = 25.00. Works great. It also has an hour meter built in as well. With the engine running it displays RPM, as soon as you turn it off it reads hours of operation. Its a very small LCD display and can be mounted just about anywhere. No need to run power to it because it runs off of a lithium battery source. Two wire hook up makes it simple and effective.
    Last edited by rkmartin; 09-20-2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

One more thing....Try the setting you wish on the tach you have just to be sure. Once the engine warms up your engine should idle around 800 RPM (+/- 50). So if you are reading anything substantially different say 1600 or 400 RPM something is not right. Hope this helps.

Comment

12 pole is the same as 6 pulses on tach settings, so yes set on 6P
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X