Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with submerged 200hpdi( injectors driver module issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with submerged 200hpdi( injectors driver module issue)

Hello
    I had a 200 hdpi 2003 sunk at the dock which picked up quickly and hopefully mechanical parts rescued but my concern is the injectors driver module , although it looks pretty water sealed but every time I blow it with compressed air still some water drops coming from the small pins at the plug site ,it took me about 30 minutes tell water drops stopped coming out but I am reluctant to plug it back and test the engine before making sure it is completely dry and it is painfully expensive unit to replace

Are the ECU and injectors driver modules water sealed ?
    Is it possible to open this unit and dry it ?(the are 4 screw bolts at the corners +sealing )
    or just put it back and test the engine?
    Highly appreciate your input

I just got thru working on a 150 HPDI that had been sunk. I got it back running without changing the ECU or Injector drives. It ran good for about 3 weeks and started having all kinds of problems. I ended up having to replace the ECU , Injector drives and about every sensor on it to have it back up and running. It ended up costing about as much as a new engine to get it back right.

Comment

so sorry

Originally posted by Capt B View Post
      I just got thru working on a 150 HPDI that had been sunk. I got it back running without changing the ECU or Injector drives. It ran good for about 3 weeks and started having all kinds of problems. I ended up having to replace the ECU , Injector drives and about every sensor on it to have it back up and running. It ended up costing about as much as a new engine to get it back right.
      Very sad to hear that ,is there any special thing can be done to avoid this tragedy end because it is very strange to have such electral and electronics failures after few weeks of working , the critical phase should be passed by now

Comment

Working...
      X