Buying a 2006 T60TLR 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a 2006 T60TLR 4 stroke

I am in the process of closing a deal on a slightly used 2006 4 stroke. I am ending a long and well served Johnson 60 engine on my pontoon boat. I am trying to figure out how much the conversion will cost me. I need a new throttle/shift control unit and harnes to engine. I can't find what I need in the parts list. Would like to have the safety kill switch (lanyard) and key start all in the control unit. Does Yamaha have this? Also would like to take advantage of the sensors avaiable on the engine on the dash, tach, trim. water flow or temperature gage etc. I will also be changing it from a hydraulic steering to the standard manual system. The previous owner will be keeping the con*****er and hydraulic steering. Of course the shift and throttle cables will have to be changed unless there is an adapter for the cable ends. Can anyone give me a list of options and part numbers and where I can look these up for pricing. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me. I hope to close the deal early next week, 9/21/09 to 9/23/09.

PS it is a high thrust version of the T60 TLR if this makes any difference. Also the length of harness needed is about 12 feet.
    Last edited by jayboy70; 09-20-2009, 01:18 AM. Reason: Left out something

For side mount control box use 703 Side Mount Controls and Multifunction Tach kit
    The 703 control comes with key switch, landyard switch and 16 ft harness, the Tach kit will display rpm's, trim gauge, hour meter, low oil pressure and overheat warning indicators(includes wiring).
    Would also need 2 MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable needed) shift and throttle cable.
    For Binnacle control box use [url+http://www.boats.net/parts/search/parts.html?client=multipart&SKUs=704-48205-P1-00%0D%0A704-82570-08-00%0D%0A6X3-8258A-00-00%0D%0A6YR-W0035-E2-00]704 Binnacle control and Multifunction Tack kit[/url]
    704 Control is a top mounted control box, key switch panel with landyard switch installs in dash. The main harness is also available in 20,23,26 and 31 ft lengths.
    Would also need 2 control cables(MAR-CABLE-xx-SC)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Purchased the 4 stroke 60

I bought it! Beautiful engine with actual time of about 1 hour. Bought from a manufacturer that was developing a cadilac version of a pontoon boat. Fantastic tour of their prototype boat. Picked up the motor Thursday with my toon and they helped hang it. Didn't get the cables and controls because they were for twin engines and very long harness and cables, 42 long boat.

I appreciate your prompt answer and you hit everything on the head. Only thing I didn't realyse would be missing is the battery cable. Boy, are they expensive. They were very long too.

I do have an additional question concerning the 703 control box. Can it be mounted on the left side or is there a different model number for that? Actually my old Johnson controls were mounted on the right side with the throttle sticking out toward the back of the boat which put the cable/harness entry pointing down. To do this again I would need one that installs on the left side rather than the right side so that when rotated to the right side of the console it would have the idle advance, the key and choke pointing toward the deck. Not impossible to use the standard 703 but will have to modify my new DIY built console to give me clearance for the throttle movement.

Best to you, jayboy70

Comment

The 703 can be mounted on right or left hand side. You would have to remove handle and move to other side of control box.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

703 Control Box Diagram or Info

I have been unable to find a diagram on the box. Need to know if I need to buy a different CABLE END, REMOTE CONTROL than I did for the motor end.

Thanks

Comment

703 Box Diagram

Unfortunately the cables were not shown on the didagram. Do I need the same control arm adapter for the control box? I went ahead and bought 4 of the ones called out for the control box but will they work and if not what do I buy?

Thanks, jayboy70

Comment

Working...
            X