Speed indicator - showing locked speed, fuel indicator - no gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed indicator - showing locked speed, fuel indicator - no gauge

I have just sailed with my new F100 DET and all instruments were working 1. time.

Now the speed indicator is locked on the same speed - it only gauge the same speed.

Also my fuel indicator is wrong. I have just filled the tank and it does not show anything on the indicator.

Do you any good ideas to solve these problems ?

The speedo pickup hole on front edge of lower unit is probably plugged up and needs to be cleaned out.
    You touch the pink wire at fuel tank sender to ground wire with ignition key on and fuel should read full, if does then fuel tank sender is probably bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks.

I have found out that is would better to for me to gauge the speed through GPS.

Do you know how to install GPS-device to my Yamaha instrumentation to show the speed ? - do i need a special wire etc. ?

My instrumentation:

6Y8 multifunction meter (round) - 6Y8-2819K-R1

I hope you could help me.

Comment

Connect blue wire at speedo to NMEA 0183 positive output lead of GPS and connect white wire at speedo to GPS negative NMEA 0183 output lead of GPS. Reset gauge for GPS speed signal.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the information.

I have a GPS receiver Holux M-1000 (NMEA0183 V3.01 with mini USB input and USB datacable)

Is it possible to get a converting cable / plug to install this unit to the blue / white wire from the Yamaha instrument ? -

From the connected data cable there i a USB output.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            Connect blue wire at speedo to NMEA 0183 positive output lead of GPS and connect white wire at speedo to GPS negative NMEA 0183 output lead of GPS. Reset gauge for GPS speed signal.
            Thanks for the information.

I have a GPS receiver Holux M-1000 (NMEA0183 V3.01 with mini USB input and USB datacable)

Is it possible to get a converting cable / plug to install this unit to the blue / white wire from the Yamaha instrument ? -

From the connected data cable there i a USB output.

Comment

Working...
            X