1998 ox66 225 runs rough at low rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 ox66 225 runs rough at low rpms

I have an 225 ox66 .Starts up perfect.runs great but runs rough at low rpms as soon as it goes to six cylinders(1900 rpms) smooth as silk.

Possible need to do synchronization and linkage adjustment, maybe a new set of plugs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

jim

I have had the same problem for some time. I have a 1997 250. If I ***** all day I have to change the plugs. Runs great at cruise but it don't want to idle at the dock. When I put in new plugs it runs perfect until I ***** for awhile again. I cannot fix that problem. I have done a decarbon, new fuel pumps, adjusted the oil mix, changed filters, and replaced the O2 sensor. I use Yamaha ring free, but if I ***** for 3 or 4 hours it carbons up the plugs and I have to change them. I hope someone has another idea that we can try. Good luck!

Comment

I was told by mechanics who have the motor thats how they run.I synchronized the throttle body linkage and the oil pump linkage. Oil pump helped the most. New pugs helped . Cleaned carbon from 02 sensor . I have the test lights for the motor ,all was good . Replaced thermostats . Just cant seem to smooth it out at low rpms . Txs

Comment

Guys I'm not buying that. There are lot of guys that ***** these motors with no problems, bigfish you reading this??
          1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
          1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Those engines only run on 4 cylinders to about 1200 rpm's thats why sync and oil pump link arm adjustment is important. Jim you might try new thermostats to see if helps with plug fouling.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X