Battery Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Switch

I have a new Yamaha 70TLRD 2-stroke. I need help to install a battery switch so I can add a *****ing motor battery, and be able to "switch" to "off", #1 or #2, or "all". I have a GUEST switch, seems simple but I dont want to take a chance in damaging something. Does anyone have an exact wiring diagram they could share as there are two "small" connections on the switch that I am not sure of.
    Thanks for the help!

jbellina,
    Need more info of what you want to do. Is your ***** motor 12v or 24v? Do you want to be able to run your outboard on Bat1, Bat2, or both? Or do you want to run (12v) ***** motor on Bat1, Bat2, or both (in parallel)?
    The two little connectors are just an isolated switch that is open when the GUEST switch is in the off position, and closed for the other three positions. You can confirm this with a DMM.
    Ken K

Comment

The two "small" connections are for the alternator field on an inboard engine, we don't use them on outboards. If you need a wiring diagram go here: http://www.cmsquick.com/schematic-1.gif

Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X