Water detection device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water detection device

Need a little help. A guy at the boat ramp today was telling me about some device invented by Nasa that is being used in boats to detect water. According to this guy this device will detect the water in the fuel tank without starting the motor. You have to just turn the key and if any water is there an audible alarm will sound. I would like to find out a little more about it if anyone has any information. With all of the problems with water in Ethanol sounds like this device would be very useful.

Thanks, hopefully someone has heard about it.

Yes I have heard of it, It's Tidewater sensor that replaced the fuel level sensor in gas tank. It detects water by way of a electronic sensor and when key is turned on it will sound alarm and gas gauge will jump from full to empty repeatedly if water is detected in gas tank. It allows to check for for water in fuel before you leave the dock and give you a chance to clean water out of gas before water has gotten in the engine fuel system. We have installed them and they do work well. For more information call Boats.net at 877-408-1499.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

water detection device

I thought the guy at the ram was just talking BS, glad to hear it is for real. Do you guys also sell them or just do the installation, and approx what do they cost.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Yes we do sell them, they are $319.00. You would need to call Boats.net at 877-408-1499 to place order, the part number is not on web site as of yet for online orders.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X