Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Motor and wiring loom/ignition

Hi everybody,

I recently brought a boat which came with a 55hp yamaha outboard 2 stroke (i think).

The plate on my motor says

The plate on my yamaha engine says as follows

> Yamaha 55AE
    > 663 L 30043

I need a the 3 gaskets for the "oil level", "oil drain" and "wash" plugs as mine have all gone due to the previous owner leaving the boat in a harbour for a year without starting it up or cleaning it down !!

What i also need, And i will do my best to describe it to you.

From the main engine powerhead is a rod which connects the powerhead to the gear box/leg. The rod turns a quarter turn clockwise/anticlockwise depending on which gear you are selecting. The one which is on there now has rusted out before and someone has welding it back together but i do not like the look of it and would prefer a new one. Basically it is the rod which selects the gear for the engine and fits behind/in the mid-shaft.

I have updated the web page but it has no pictures of the gear selection rod at the moment and i would hope to get some pictures on there soon.
    http://www.dvddealsuk.co.uk/boat

Thats the address if any body need to see what the engine looks like.

I believe the engine is a 55hp hence the 55AE on the plate. And when i took it to my local marine shop he said it was an 84/85 (84 or 85) model, but he wasn't positive about that.

I also need to know anything about whether it has an alternator to and what wires do what in the 7-wire wiring harness. The ignition key was lost by the previous owner and its now posible to start it with a 1 penny coin !!

Many thanks in advnace for any info
    John

The gaskets are part# 90430-08020-00 and I think you are talking about the shift shaft and it is part# 697-44120-12-00
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I got some one to have a look for some parts and he came up with the following:

1 gear rod [ part number 663441201400] cost of £44.00
      1 gasket to change when doing this part [ part number 663451130000] £15.00 (maybe "10" on the end instead of "00")

Do you think this would right. I have no way of checking and would be very gratefukk for any help.

We took the boar out today for the first time and the engine wasn't running right (i dont think). The boat we have is a 17.5ft Pilot Dory with the yammie 55hp on the back. Do you think the boat should plain or even be close to plaining with this setup because it never was any where near to plaining. So of course it guzzled juice no end. and spped was about 9knots tops, Do this sound right ?

Could any one tell me the exact year and any where that i could get a manual for it.

And also is there any battery charging mech with the loom

Many thanks for any one who can help.

John

Comment

Just to check, Coudl any one help me on this issue please.

many thanks in advance
        John

Comment

Working...
        X