'06 115 impeller change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 115 impeller change

Wondering about a water pump/impeller change. Do I need special tools? Read about shift shaft aligning??? One of my tell tales is really weak. Do I do just the impeller or the entire pump assembly?
    My Yam. gauge isn't displaying any speed. Is this calculated by the amount of water flowing through the motor?
    Trim adjustment isn't being indicated on the gauges either. Changed from the plastic cam to metal (plastic continually broke). Perhaps I didn't install on the right side of the sending switch?
    I also bought some fuel filters by matching the #'s on a schematic. They are wrong and I can't use them. Up for grabs 4 of them #68V-24563-00

waterpump kit 40$ 6 bolts on lower unit,4 on water pump ,very easy to do .my 16 yr old did it .good luck

Comment

go to bogueinletnc.com/yamaha for detailed instructions with photos on several Yamaha maintenance/repair procedures including water pumps. It's not brain surgery but it's not changing a light bulb either, so you want to take your time and do it right. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks

Very good thanks. I have twins, I guess the counter rotating engine has a counter clockwise rotating impeller? And I figure the speedo tude is gunked up as well.

Comment

all the motors I have seen turn in the same direction. The counter rotating is in the lower unit not the motor itself.
          Speed intake is small hole in lower units front edge could be plugged

Comment

Working...
          X