Help Fuel Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Fuel Problems

i have a 150hp V6 carbarated.it was starving at top end. replaced filter and primer bulb. however the bulb still doen't get hard. if the fuel pumps were bad would it cause the bulb not to get hard. all fuel lines seem to be ok.
    THANKS
    MIKE

Originally posted by camocajun View Post
    i have a 150hp V6 carbarated.it was starving at top end. replaced filter and primer bulb. however the bulb still doen't get hard. if the fuel pumps were bad would it cause the bulb not to get hard. all fuel lines seem to be ok.
    Your problem is most likely behind the primer bulb or the primer bulb itself. If the primer bulb and fuel lines are ok then the most likely culprit is a fuel separator if you have one. If that is not the issue then check the fuel tank fittings for a possible blockage, ventilation issues, etc...

Remember fuel delivery is really quite simple. The last time I had a fuel flow issue, I removed the fuel line from where it exited the fuel separator. I took the cap off a full 5 gallon can of gas and submerged that end or the fuel line. I was able to prime the bulb hard as a rock and run the motor without any issues. That told me that my issue was obviously behind the primer bulb and it turned out to be a clogged fuel separator in my case.

Comment

Anti-siphon valve in on board fuel tank for me.

Remove or replace...

Comment

Working...
      X