2001 115TLRZ Throttle under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 115TLRZ Throttle under load

Engine starts and runs well under warm up throttle. However when idling for more than 25 seconds the engine stalls. When I engage the throttle under load the engine bogs down and stalls...Any ideas...?

Fuel filters? Fuel pump? You only have one fuel pump on that motor so if it's going bad you'll know it in a hurry. But how old is the Racor fuel filter?

Mike......... Miami, FL

Comment

I was thinking the fuel pump too, but was hoping against it. I just purchased a new filter to put in it as the current one is about 4 years old. Hopefully that would be the quick fix.

Comment

There is one more symptom I left out that may point more conclusively towards the fuel pump. I was at full throttle going fine when the engine just just started to slow down until it stalled.

Is that the fuel pump or a clogged filter?

Comment

cat,
          Disconnect the hose that goes from the local filter to the fuel pump. Pump the fuel hose bulb to see if fuel passes easily thru the filter (put a pan or something under the filter outlet to catch the fuel that should squirt out). If you can't get fuel to flow easily thru the filter, then the local and/or remoter filters are stopped up. If fuel flows easily, then you probably have a bad pump.
          You might also try first just pumping the bulb after you crank up the motor and maintaining pressure on the carbs that way to see if the motor dies - if it does not die, then that would also suggest the fuel pump.
          Good luck,
          Ken K

Comment

Working...
          X