Yamaha 150 hp Lower Unit Interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 150 hp Lower Unit Interchange?

I have a 2001 Z150TXRZ that was submerged. As much fun as it has been trying to get it to run, I may need to face up to the fact that it is not practical. I have a chance to pick up a 2007 Yamaha 150 4 stroke that hit a ledge and broke the lower unit, snapped the drive shaft and also cracked the mid section housing.

A couple of questions:

Is it likely that the powerhead was damaged by this accident?

Will the lower unit housing that I have from the 2001 Z150tzrz work on the 2007 150 hp four stroke. A look at the parts listing shows that the drive shaft and propeller shaft have the same part number, but the 2001 housing 6j9-45301-04-8d is superceeded by 6j9-45301-05-8d which is the same as the 2007 150 hp four stroke. Does that mean the newer one will work on the older engine but the older one won't work on the newer engine?

Lowerunits

The housing is the same but the drive shafts might be different because of the oil pump at the base

Comment

It looks like the drive shaft and the propeller shaft are the same part number on both. I think the gear ratio is different and the shift rod may be different. Water pump is also the same.

I am curious about what you are saying about the oil pump. I was under the impression that the drive shaft mates into the end of the crankshaft and that is where some damage may have occured as the drive shaft bent and snapped.

Comment

Working...
      X