200 HPDI oil pump problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HPDI oil pump problem?

(2004 Yamaha 200 HPDI) Ran the boat this weekend and got the dreded warning buzzer. I don't have the yamaha tach so I don't have any lights,just a steady warning buzzer. I checked the engine mounted fuel filter and didn't see any water. I assumed it was an overheat alarm and I changed the thermostats and water pump. Ran it up on the muffs and all was well for about 15 minutes then the buzzer came back. I tuned the key on and the buzzer was steady. I started unplugging cannon plugs to see what would silence the buzzer and it stopped when I disconnected the connection from the engine mounted oil tank. I reconnected it, buzzer came on and then I removed the sensor from the oil tank and slid the float up and the buzzer stopped. Then I noticed the oil level in the engine mounted tank was at the bottomline, about 1/3 full. I filled the tank to the top line and the buzzer has stopped. When I turn the key on I can hear the oil pump for a few seconds but when I hold the emergency oil switch up nothing happens. I suspect a bad oil pump in the remote oil tank. Any ideas before I purchase one? Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get all the info out there.

If the emergency switch on motor doesn't run pump with ignition key on then the wiring to pump or pump is probably bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X