Trim problem after conversion to analog gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim problem after conversion to analog gauges

I just replaced my digital gauges with Teleflex Analog gauges. All is fine except for the trim will not go up. I did get a pre 2001 Yamaha trim gauge made for 3 wire. The trim will go down from throttle button, but not up. At the motor trim switch the engine will go down as well and you can hear the solonoid click when pressing the up button at the engine. I used the pink wire for sending at the gauge and gounded gauge with the black wire in same harness which I think is an engine ground. Did not use orange wire and used gray wire for temp sendor which I added the temp sender on the engine and used the gray/black wire from the original sender on one side of the cylinder bank. Dark green wire to Tach. White wire to fuel. All gauges grounded to ignition ground except for the trim which is grounded to engine. The fuesed red wire from ignition is not used as well only the yellow hot ignition wire is used on all gauges.

1997 S150TXRW on a Century 2201 bayboat

The gauge harness shouldn't have any affect on power trim, if you hear a clicking then trim switch and wiring to motor is probably ok and trim relay may be bad. Should have 12 volts at blue wire on trim relay when trim switch is in up position.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      The gauge harness shouldn't have any affect on power trim, if you hear a clicking then trim switch and wiring to motor is probably ok and trim relay may be bad. Should have 12 volts at blue wire on trim relay when trim switch is in up position.
      The reason I think it is something in the wiring under the center console is all was working fine prior. Before I began I was messing around and opened the fuse holder on the yellow wire in the harness. The fuse broke when i opened it and the trim acted the same as it is doing now. Goes down, but not up. When I replaced the fuse all was OK. It seems like there are somehow 2 circuits on the trim and one is still open somewhere at the center console wiring. It is a pree 2001 with 3 wire trim sensor and got the gauge for it. Instructions on gauge says do not use orange wire and cap it. That does not make sense according to some of Redbolts post about the orange carring the 5v.

Comment

Working...
      X