spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs

well hello all i hope every one had a long labor day weekend. ok well i have to ask normaly the ceramic around the electrob in the bottom end of the plug is white . the end that screws into the cylinder block .well i notice when i pulled the plugs to clean them the ceramic had a redish tint to them i used chemtol in the gas ank before the long week end . is there a problem ? any explanation would help thanks

Are you running a 2 or a 4 stroke? A boat mechanic once told me to NEVER run chemtool in a two stroke. Why? I have no idea....I would advise you to dilute or drain the rest of the fuel with the chemtool out, fill with fresh fuel, install new properly gapped NGK spark plugs and test run. After you run the outboard for a few hours pull the plugs out and inspect. I have run chemtool for years in my vehicles just prior to changing the oil. I've noticed when changing the plugs on these vehicles that the plugs had a weird tint to them. As cheap as spark plugs are I never clean, just replace them with NGK only. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X