Fuel Management Gauge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management Gauge Question

Just installed a new Yamaha Fuel Management Gauge connected to twin HPDIs. When I turn it on, the self check works and all segments light. The mode switch works fine. I don't see any response to the set switch. The P & S letters don't show after the self test (they do during self-test). Per manual, it is supposed to switch from P to S to PS by hitting set switch. Nothing happens when I hit the set switch. Have checked the +12V, 12V keyed and ground and they are good. I am not using the tach inputs to the gauge. I have my GPS connected to the gauge. Settings set for GPH and GPS. Fuel consumption of 0 is displayed when on the water hose. Will run it in the water tomorrow.

Am I supposed to do something after turning the system on to bring up the PS display? Thanks for the help.

The tachs have to be connected to fuel management gauge for gauge to work properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Got it working

Started working as soon as I got underway. I had to change the location of my primer bulbs. It was during that time frame that I tested the Fuel meter. Guess there was not enough fuel flow on the water hose. Still don't have tachs connected and it works great. As soon as I put it in gear, started registering for both engines. Thanks anyways. I did learn that my primer bulbs work better when the bulb is vertical with the arrow up. It helps the valve in the bulb seat better.

Comment

Manual

Originally posted by rmajor View Post
        Started working as soon as I got underway. I had to change the location of my primer bulbs. It was during that time frame that I tested the Fuel meter. Guess there was not enough fuel flow on the water hose. Still don't have tachs connected and it works great. As soon as I put it in gear, started registering for both engines. Thanks anyways. I did learn that my primer bulbs work better when the bulb is vertical with the arrow up. It helps the valve in the bulb seat better.
        Is it possible to email me a PDF copy of the wiring diagram. I just purchased the Yamaha FM meter.

Joe C
        joec@calvaryftl.org

Comment

Working...
        X