Tach compatability 2007 YAMAHA 90 TLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach compatability 2007 YAMAHA 90 TLR

I just bought a brand new 2007 90 TLR 2 stroke. A friend gave me a new 6Y5-8350T-82-00 tach ( tach/ trim/ oil with no hour meter) and 68F-82553-90-00 trim/oil harness. I bought a two fuse harness that goes from the switch to the guages as well. Now it appears that the trim/oil harness has the wrong plug on the engine side and the wires are different on that end. The guage harness hooks up fine however GRN, YEL, BLK, RED wires run from switch to tach. Question 1: Is there any oil trim harness that will connect my engine to this tach ? Question 2: Will this tach read and display RPM's by just using the 2 fuse switch harness and not connecting the oil/ trim harness ? I have never had any guages other than a speedo and tach anyway. Or should I not use this tach at all ? Thanks , fishhead

I forgot to mention I am using a new Yamaha switch / panel. If I were to use my boats old Teleflex tach is the Green wire from the switch the one that sends the signal to the tach?

Comment

That is the right trim/oil harness for that tach. You will need an adapter harness(6Y5-85335-00-00) installed at tach for it to work on that motor so the trim indicator works. The 68F harness has two square connectors on each end and the motor only has one, connect the one on motor and leave other unhooked.
      The tach will read but trim and warning indicators wont work if trim/oil harness is not installed.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X