can i adjust idle on 1999 225hp OX66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i adjust idle on 1999 225hp OX66

engine starts right up and generally runs perfect....only issue is idle is only 400-500...barely above stall out...does not surge or anything...just a low idle...i know it should be closer to 700.

i read another post here re: adjusting idle...loosen pickup screw, align center throttle control cam roller, turn throttle stop screw to right to increase idle, tighten up pickup screw...

but somewhere else i read idle on this can't be adjusted just with a screw..that its all con*****ed by the computer...

thanks

Idle adjustment screw....

Short answer. There's an idle adjustment screw halfway up the throttle body linkage on the starboard side of the powerhead. It's vertically oriented. Take a small regular screwdriver and turn it in a half turn or so to raise the idle. For that small of an adjustment you probably don't need to mess with the other linkage sync screws.

- Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Hamfisted View Post
      Short answer. There's an idle adjustment screw halfway up the throttle body linkage on the starboard side of the powerhead. It's vertically oriented. Take a small regular screwdriver and turn it in a half turn or so to raise the idle. For that small of an adjustment you probably don't need to mess with the other linkage sync screws.

- Mike

in the service manual I saw it spoke of first loosening the "pickup adjustment screw" then adjusting the "throttle stop screw" (idle screw)...clockwise to increase idle....then tighten back up the pickup adjustment (which it says to tighten turn counter-clockwise....

does this make sense??

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X