starbrite startron E10 and seafoam? together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starbrite startron E10 and seafoam? together

i'm using starbrite startron e10 fuel treatment in my fuel , should i also be adding Sea foam to the fuel tank at the same time? I went with Startron because of terrible water fuel separation in the fuel tank.

I would avoid mixing additives. You never know how they will react together...

Comment

maybe install a fuel/water seperator to stop that E10 junk from getting to your motor. I use Stabil Marine($20/quart Walmart) all the time and with the fuel/water seperator seems to work well.

Comment

Old school stabilizers do not work with E10. The alcohol is the problem. It can absorb 100% of its volume in water. It also evaporates quickly. It is a big part of E10 octane as well. So that being said the fuel now has a short shelf life because as the alcohol evaporates the octane level drops. Do not try to add octane boosters, fuel cleaners or other additives because they might not react well with E10.

If you are having continual fuel separation problems it is not the fuel and filters won't fix it. You have water getting in to your fuel tank. The tank is probably bad. The tank will not leak from the inside to the outside because the fuel is lighter than water, water under the tank will not let it leak out but the water will leak in to the tank, be absorbed by the E10, which is now 10% and 10% alcohol, and has lost 4 to 5 points in octane rating.

How this paints a better picture.

Comment

get your self some gas-shok (see link) apparently there is a carbon molecule in gasoline and a hydrogen molecule in ethanol. from what i am told this is what causes all the problems with ethanol. what gas-shok does is chemically bond the two together thus not allowing any seperation. i have used this stuff and am extremely impressed with it.

http://usafuelservice.com/

Comment

Working...
          X