Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F100 DET - trim gauge instrument problem

Hi,

i have bought a new Finnmaster 5700 with preinstalled Yamaha instruments and mounted with a F100 DET.

My trim is working, but i can't gauge the trim in the indicator in the instrument panel. I've tried manually to tilt the trim sensor, but no gauge in the instrument.

Do any have of you have a good idea to lozalize the problem ? - could it be any connections ?

Do you have any good ideas ?

UlrikDK

Denmark
    Last edited by UlrikDK; 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM.

If you Yamaha Digital gauges check the dip switch settings in back of tach, the dip switch on left should be in up position for 2 wire trim sender.
    Check to see if trim cam is broken, a black plastic clamp mounted on tilt tube that activates trim sender.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the mail.

My Yamaha instruments are following: 6Y8 Multifunction meter (6Y8-2819K-R1). These instruments don't have any dip switches on the back.

Could you inform me which wires / connections that are necessary for the trim gauge ?

Hope you can assist with my troubles .

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        If you Yamaha Digital gauges check the dip switch settings in back of tach, the dip switch on left should be in up position for 2 wire trim sender.
        Check to see if trim cam is broken, a black plastic clamp mounted on tilt tube that activates trim sender.
        Hi,

thanks for the mail.

My Yamaha instruments are following: 6Y8 Multifunction meter (6Y8-2819K-R1). These instruments don't have any dip switches on the back.

Could you inform me which wires / connections that are necessary for the trim gauge ?

Hope you can assist with my troubles .

Comment

6Y8 gauge is the Command Link gauges and wont work on the F100 engine, The Command Link only works on fuel injected model four stroke motors and HPDI models 2006 and newer.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

After last post I realize that your motor is not sold here in USA and I don't have any information on it so it may be Command Link compatible if it's a fuel injected model and newer than 2006. The F100 models here are all carb models and not Command link.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

ok - thanks for the mail. In Europe F100 DET (direct injection) is compatible with Command Link i have found out.

In the meantime i have tested the trim sendor with a ohm meter (the cable from the trim sensor with 1 pink / 1 black wire), and the resistance is ok when i manually tilt the sensor = the trim sensor works.

My problem now is that i can't gauge the trim in the instruments - do you know a good way to find twhere the problem ? - under the instrument panel i have found 1 black / 1 pink wire not connected anywhere - but, these wires comes from the right instrument (with speed- and fuel indicator etc.) - i don't know if these have something to do with the trim (left instrument) ?

Hope for your assistance

Comment

There is a wire that has to be connected for Command Link use, look at number 1 in this illustration and connect those two wires togather.
                F75F90CL Connections.JPG
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the illustration.

I have connected the wires, but the are no gauge in the instrument.

Is it possible for you to inform me of all the necessary wires and connections only for this trim gauge function ? (both at the motor and the instrumentation)

Somebody have told me that Yamaha changed wires in the period 2007 / 2008, and it has made some conflicts to instrumentation produced in the same period.

Motor: Yamaha F100 DET - serial: 6D9L1009546

Instrumentation: 6Y8 Multifunction meter (round) - type: 6Y8-2819K-R1

In europe this combination is approved and it should work. All other funtions of my Multifunction meter works.

It is a little bit difficult for me to find these informations.

Comment

If you give me your email address I can send you the manual on them.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

i have just sended i private message with my e-mail address.

Comment

Working...
                      X