Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

Hi

I just fitted a transducer onto the starboard side of the transom, it sits 3mm below the bottom of the boat and has a flip up bracket. The unit is working fine records speed, depth, fish etc, so the location is correct.
    My problem is the boat now tilts to port when up on the plane and I get a rooster tail from the transducer. Should I adjust the trim tab and if so which way and how much?Any advice on how to correct this would be welcome.

Thanks
    Edo

How big is the transducer ??
    Roosters tail?? can you post some pics of what you have got , mounting etc .

Comment

Tunnels

Its big about 80mm dia and about 250mm long.

It is part of my JFC 56 Fish Finder, I will take some pics on the weekend as my boat is located down the coast about 160Km south of Sydney and I won't be back down until the weekend.

Its a small 4M boat with a 50HP Yamaha with forward controls, great for fishing in lakes and estuaries.

Cheers
      Edo

Comment

Pics

Here are the pics of my large transducer!
        Attached Files

Comment

looks like something for a larger boat. I can imagine it does create a rooster tail and create a yaw towards starboard. better adjust your trim tab to port accordingly. may even need to add a transom mounted trim tab on the port side to compensate for that large transducer. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X