300 hpdi 02 sensor location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 hpdi 02 sensor location

hey guys i have a pair of 06 300 hpdis and cannot find the 02 sensors. my 0x66 were easy and i figured they would be sorta in the same place. i am having prblems fouling plugs badly and need to servive it. thanks in advance

those engine do not have an o2 sensor. i was having the same problem on my 05 300 it turned out to be the prop, sounds weird i know but stay with me here. the voltage output to the coils is con*****ed by the amount of load which is on the engine. if the prop is wrong the engine senses more load or less than normal thus fouling plugs. you need to have it hooked to a computer and ran by a certified tech.

Comment

bigfish yes that does sound farfetched yet i guess more load would contribute some i just cant see how it would be so severe. my engines are still under warranty and would like to get this fixed asap as i still have a few more bahama crossings left this summer. not only am i fouling plugs but my fuel consumtion is getting worse and worse thanks

Comment

it would do you more justice posting your issue

is this frank jeff or larry ?

Comment

jb123 this is frank and my problem is high fuel consumption, and fouling plugs to the point i struggle to get on plane when they are loaded up .

Comment

been there done that, know the feeling. i worked very closely with my dealer and yamaha to work this bug out of a $16000 engine if ya get my drift. i am a yamaha certified mech myself and i have never seen anything as touchy as these motors. however i have found that once all and i mean all updates are peformed these are great engines. but i would simply suggest this to the service manager at your dealer. i believe you will find excellent results

Comment

whats up prowler, repost this question and be sure boats.net answers first

Comment

Working...
              X