Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F200 TXRA Low fuel pressure pump relay gone or pump bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F200 TXRA Low fuel pressure pump relay gone or pump bad??

Engine runs fine if you pump the primer ball. Once you stop the engine dies. Check to see if there was any sound from the lower fuel pressure pump and there is no sound when I have my daughter turn on the start switch.

High pressure pump is working and I get pressure in the pressure test valve if I pump gas into the VRO.

Tooks the wiring off the lower pressure pump and check the harness red/blue wire and red/yello wire for voltage while the start switch was turn on and off. 0 voltage on the wire.

So do you think my lower pressure relay switch is bad? or is it my lower pressure pump?

Need confirmation before ordering.

That pump only runs for ten seconds when turn key on so you have to run voltage test as soon as turn key on.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      That pump only runs for ten seconds when turn key on so you have to run voltage test as soon as turn key on.
      Yes, that is what we did.

I had my daughter at the starter switch at the off setting, I put the voltage meter on the negitive on the blue/red and positive on the red/yellow wire. Then had my daughter switch the start switch to the on setting.

There was 0 voltage reading.

Does that sound right??

Larry

Comment

Yes you should have read voltage. Check wiring, relay and fuses.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X