Strange F60 carb configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange F60 carb configuration

I tore my carbs apart last night and the jet configuration in my yamaha manual is different than the way my carbs are. I have a 02' F60 TLRA. In the yamaha manual it shows a plug over the main nozzle and the main jet
    (124) over the pilot jet (39). In my carbs the plug is over the pilot jet and the main jet is seated over the main nozzle!! The jet part #'s match the manual but why is the layout different? There is no way the main jet will thread over the pilot jet and the same goes for the plug over the main nozzle. Any ideas?

you must be looking at it wrong. The plug on all yamahas I have looked at is over the pilot jet and the main jet is over the nozzle.

Comment

Check it out, here is the diagram right from this website. I think they got their labeling mixed up. The parts list below the diagram is calling the #19 a plug when it is really the main jet. Yamaha Outboard Parts 2002 F60TLRA CARBURETOR Diagram

Comment

looks like you are correct . the plug and main jet are labled wrong on the diagram

Comment

Working...
        X