86 ProV150 No Water Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 ProV150 No Water Stream

I have an 86 ProV150 that sat for about 6 months. I started it up the other day and it seemed to be running great, (I had a small container with a mix of gas and seafoam to clean the carbs and lube the engine). During this process the stream of water at the right rear of the engine indicated good water flow. I shut the engine down, reconnected all the gas lines and started it one more time and had no water stream from the right rear of the engine. I decided to change the water pump, (plate, housing, impeller, etc.). Everything went together good but when I fired the engine off for the first time there was still no stream of water from the back of the motor. The small rubber hose from the back of the motor to the outside is unobstructed. I shot some WD-40 through the little hole at the back of the engine that this rubber tube attaches to and noted that the WD-40 exited through a small vertical hole next to the first bolt on the right side of the lower unit, this bolt is closest to the transom. Tried 2 different sets of ear-muffs with good water pressure. Never had any problem flushing the motor before using the same ear-muffs. Have only run the motor about 10 seconds at a time, didn't want to destroy the new impeller. Also removed left and right plastic intake vents and inserted a wire, there are no blockages. Any help would be appreciated.

Put it in water and try it probably will pump ok in water, it's hard to get enough water through flush attachments for the V6 engines.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X