Loosing trim tab zincs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing trim tab zincs

I have lost 3 trim tab zincs on my twin 250 ox66. They keep coming loose atfter long runs. I tried putting loctite on them but it doesn't seem to help. I don't know if there is some underlying problem or maybe just go to a flat plate. Does the trim zinc do anything with twin engines. Please some advice. Thank you.

Originally posted by foreveryoung View Post
    I have lost 3 trim tab zincs on my twin 250 ox66. They keep coming loose atfter long runs. I tried putting loctite on them but it doesn't seem to help. I don't know if there is some underlying problem or maybe just go to a flat plate. Does the trim zinc do anything with twin engines. Please some advice. Thank you.
    If you are loosing them and you have used loctite then it must be corrroding away so the bolts are coming loss . I would be seiously be checking the wiring and looking for an electrical leaking problem some where !!
    Are there signs of corrosion on any part of the motor castings any wherer if there is then you have a serous problem that need to be looked at quickly
    Is this on both motors or just one ?
    Last edited by tunnels; 08-01-2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

hello
      i kept loosing trim tabs on my yamahas 85 115 130 and 150 used as a rental 4 or 5 times in the row until i cleaned very well the bolt ant used RED loctite on a CLEAN DRy bolt and zinc, tighten a lot too.
      i do this now on all my 9 others boats, never lost anymore zincs
      frenchy

Comment

I lost one a VMAX 225. Close to 50$ to replace it, can run into money

Comment

Working...
        X