Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethonal help

what are some of the symptoms that ethonal has on a motor

ethanol likes to mix with water then later seperate out in your tank, carb, fuel system , leaving the water to screw up your system. the Stabil Marine and a water/fuel seperator are really necessary now if you want to prevent fuel system problems. I drain my carbs fairly often, check/clean my fuel tanks, use the Stabil(Walmart $20/quart), intalled a fuel/water seperator(Walmart $27),easy to install. this will mostly eliminate the fuel degrading/deposits/corrosion caused by the ethanol/water in the system. So much cheaper and better than fuel issues which must account for 50%+ of outboard motor problems. Even without the ethanol you'd still be better to do the above preventive maintenance. Good Luck!

Comment

this past weekend i was running down the bay about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and it ran great. on the way back i open it up all the way,and about 2-5 mins the motor lost all power.i slowed down and try to take off and it bog down,and would not idle.took it home and took off both hoses on the tank.no it runs great,could this be ethanol problems

Comment

sounds like a fuel delivery issue which may or may not be caused by the ethanol. maybe a fuel pump, air leaks in fuel lines,bad primer bulb, quick disconnect on motor, check valve in tank, etc. check it out. Good luck!

Comment

Ethanol Effects

I have owned a 2004 Yamaha 115 4-stroke and now I have a 2006 Yamaha 150 4-stroke. I can tell you from first hand experience try NOT to use ethanol, that is if you can find non-ethanol fuel like I can. The ethanol not only causes large build ups of water in your fuel tank but it also destroys your fuel system hoses if they are not specifically the type designed to handle ethanol. I have replaced my entire fuel system from the tank to the injectors with ethanol designed fuel hoses. I have also added a 10 micron Yamaha fuel-water separator/filter. This 10 micron is extremely efficient. Since you have a small motor, you can get by with the smaller size rather than the larger filter like I have.

Comment

Working...
          X