Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 ox66 sx200txrx Guages and Alarm

I have this gauge, 6YR-W0035-E2-00
    I have looked in the owners manual and the service manual, and the operation manual;
    When I turn the key switch what am I supposed to see or hear?
    I believe my outboard is getting hot but no alarm or indicator on the round digital tach guage.
    When I do turn the swith to the on position, not startong the motor,What I do see is the LCD bar above the temp Icon stays lit for a second or two, as do the oil indicators, however the oil indicators blink a few times, while the temp just disappears, i do not hear anything, should I. What should I be seing on the guages? I have tried to test the buzzer by hooking a 12v batt to it no sound or static whatsoever, it looks a bit corroded.??

I am aware of the tests for the Temp switch and the thermo sensor tests, testing them individually by them selves, however so that I know the system is working properly and that the signal get to the tach;.....
    Is there a way to test the warning buzzer, Is there a way to bypass jumper The Black /Yellow on the Thermo sensor wires to test, how about the black Pink on the temp sensor switches as to get something to light or blink on the Tach?
    I may have the incorrect operators manual for the gauges, may I have the one for the round, multifunction speed and tach, please?
    Last edited by 3rdday; 07-27-2009, 05:48 PM. Reason: More info

You wont hear a buzzer when first turn key on(on a single engine) and warnings lights will come on for a second. Disconnect pink and black wire from temp sensor on engine, with key on touch pink wire to black wire, buzzer should sound and temp light should light up.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I tried that. WIth No results

Thank you for responding
      I connected the two wires that lead to the temp switch, and turned key on, no buzzer and no visual indicator on the gauge. I also tried with engine running. Logically the next step would be to trace back the wires from the guage to the ECU/CD ?? So far I can tell they are connected. What else should I do to diagnose and remedy, please?
      Much Thanks again.

Comment

Check the buzzer, should have 12 volts at yellow wire with key on and if disconnect pink wire and run a junper wire to ground buzzer should sound.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Gauges and tepm alarm & signal

While looking at the reccomendations you provided, I discovered the connector from the tach with Pink, gray,orand and black is connected at the Tach, but not connected in the outboard, I have looked very thoroughly and do not see the male pink,orange, black and gray to connect to. I have quadruple checked and there is no connector to be found .
          I traced the pink, black, orange, frm the ECU and it terminates at 67h-82380, a Pressure sensor? I also traced the gray from the ECU and it is a lone gray, loose, not terminated anywhere, with the clear single snap plug.
          I believe I am getting all the info on all 3 gauges except the overheat buzzer and the LCD indicator.
          How do I wire so that I get the buzzer warning and the LCD for overheat on the Tach? If not what other options do I have?

Comment

Follow the wire from trim sender, it should lead you to the connector you are looking for.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tach, temp wiring

There is no trim sender installed on this motor, just found that out also.
              I cannot locate the connector there are no unconnected connectors off the ECU, no spliced wired etc. its' a 1999 0x66 SX200TXRX
              What I have been looking for is the match for the connector off the tach, one with a pink,black, orange and gray. Am i Looking for the right connector?

Comment

Working...
              X