95 octane fuel for 2003 Z200 hpdi !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 octane fuel for 2003 Z200 hpdi !!

I exported a 2003 Z200 hpdi from the USA to my home country ,unfortunately the only available fuel in the marina is unleaded 95 octane ,is it safe to use it ? do I need to add any modifications or to change the spark plugs?
    Notes:
    The recommended fuel type in the factory manual is unleaded regular gasoline 86-91
    The local Yamaha models are completely different from the USA models and the fuel type recommended for them is 95 octane

Thank you for your input and recommendations

Octane ratings in the U.S. are different. We use research octane which uses a different scale. I believe the manual shows the difference. I believe you're OK.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
      Octane ratings in the U.S. are different. We use research octane which uses a different scale. I believe the manual shows the difference. I believe you're OK.
      I hope so
      I am reluctant to fill the tank but I have no other option
      Thank you

Comment

the 95 octane fuel won't hurt the motor. running fuels with too low an octane is what causes problems like precombustion. fill up the tank and run it for a while. check your spark plugs after a few hours to see how it's doing, they should be a tan color, not white and clean and not black with oily carbon. use the Stabil Marine and the Ringfree all the time and a fuel/water seperator(Walmart $27), easy to install, saves a lot of problems. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it...

Comment

Working...
          X