trim guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim guage

have a 150 hpdi 2002 model and my trim guage is not working.
    A buddy told me it's a simple fix. A spring/sensor that need replacing. My marina said it's not an easy job and will cost some $$$$

Any advice is appreciated
    thanks d

its a sensor mounted on the tilt tube and bad design by yamaha, just tilt motor up all the way and lube it with your fav spray and work it free. its black and mounted around the tube and you will see a lever that moves about an inch when free.

Comment

Which side of the motor is the tilt tube on?

Comment

front side

Comment

BassCrazy,
          The trim sensor on my C115 is located just behind the "tilt tube", "steering tube" - the pivot point for the bracket that holds the motor. You should be able to see it when you tilt the motor up all the way. Be sure and drop the locking lever down before you get under the motor.
          Good luck,
          Ken K

Comment

Fixed mine this past week by spraying it with PB blaster (auto zone). Apparently it was corroded and just needed a little lubrication. Works great now.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys!!! I'll try it
              this weekend

Comment

Here's a link to a pic of the trim sensor, you'll have to copy and paste it to your browser 'cause this board doesn't seem to allow pics in post? Anyway: http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com...m%20Sender.jpg

If you don't have one already go to www.YamahaPubs.com and order yourself a service manual for your motor.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X