Installation & wiring diagram for multifunction guages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation & wiring diagram for multifunction guages

Can you please e-mail me a copy of the installation & wiring diagram for the Yamaha multifunction guages? Mail to mlarocca@tri-statemechanical.com

Emailed it to you.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Request for diagram

I have a 2004 40HP Yamaha outboard, with tilt, power start, and oil injection.

I have just bought this used guage, which appears to be a slightly older version of the LED MM guages, which arrived with no guide, diagram, or help from the seller.

It has Speed, Fuel, Trip, and Time capabilities, with alarms for Temperature, Battery Level, and Fuel Level. On the right of the display is a sidebar for fuel level. You'll notice that the button on the left is smaller and more rounded than the more modern version of the guage; the button on the right is slightly fatter than its newer version. The wiring is provided in two 'sets', which I assume are split into meter functions and lights, the paired blue and black being the lights? There are eight function wires, two of which are black. The coloured wires (in sequence) are yellow, red, two black, grey, white/blue, and white in a circle around a central green (the short wire in the picture).

An installation guide and wiring diagram would be greatly appreicated, as I have no clue where to start with this. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Greatly appreciate all those that helped.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by iam@yamahaoutboard; 08-03-2009, 10:22 PM. Reason: Removed email and closing comment

Comment

Can I get a copy of the tach (trim) gauge wiring as well.

jim_mckain@nltek.com
        Last edited by Guilty; 08-12-2009, 01:47 PM. Reason: add email...

Comment

I have a 89' 130hp. Can you send me a wiring diagram with part#'s for the digital multi-tach that would work for that year? wmgraphics@comcast.net

Thanks Much!

Comment

need some diagrams

would it be possible for someone to email me a wiring diagram for a 2 combo gauges

1 being SPEED (Trip, time,batt) 6Y5-83570-s5-00
            2nd being TACH (Trim, oil and temp) 6YR-W0035-E2-00

as i need to re wire mine and cant find a diagram anywhere

Thanks in advance

adam yarrow

adam.yarrow@bigpond.com

Comment

wiring diagram

Can I also get a wiring diagram for the 2 set multifunction guages ,I don't seem to have any lights on mine. I have a spare white wire that is not connected and wondered if that might be the light. I just bought the boat and would like the light to work in both guages.....thanks...my email is
              comers4@aol.com

Comment

Hello, I am new to this forum and trying to wire my yamaha too. Could I please also get a copy if it is not too much trouble? makulaf@mindspring.com

also, can anyone tell me what the 6y5-83553-no wires are for? I know it connects to my wiring harness and judging by the colors, I beleive it provides power etc, just not sure what it is supposed to connect to on the other end of the harness (not the ignition end).

thank you in advance for any suggestions.

fish

btw, this if on a 2002 115 yamaha 2 stroke if that makes any difference.

Comment

That harness connects to red, green, yellow and black wires at key switch(or at control box if have 703 side mount controls) and gauges connect to harness matching color wires. It provides power, ground and tach signal to gauges.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi i am after a wiring diagram from the engine to ignition + from the engine to the gauges for a 80hp 4 stroke, i belive it is a 2004 model. the only numbers i could get off it is F80AET 67g L. not sure if this means anything to anyone, am quite new to boats and have puchased this motor 2nd hand and am in need of some help.

Cheers
                    Brad (tuff_4wd)

Comment

[QUOTE=tuff_4wd;40795]Hi i am after a wiring diagram from the engine to ignition + from the engine to the gauges for a 80hp 4 stroke, i belive it is a 2004 model. the only numbers i could get off it is F80AET 67g L. not sure if this means anything to anyone, am quite new to boats and have puchased this motor 2nd hand and am in need of some help.
                      bradpotter@live.com.au

Cheers
                      Brad (tuff_4wd)

Comment

[quote=tuff_4wd;40796]
                        Originally posted by tuff_4wd View Post
                        Hi i am after a wiring diagram from the engine to ignition + from the engine to the gauges for a 80hp 4 stroke, i belive it is a 2004 model. the only numbers i could get off it is F80AET 67g L. not sure if this means anything to anyone, am quite new to boats and have puchased this motor 2nd hand and am in need of some help.
                        bradpotter@live.com.au

Cheers
                        Brad (tuff_4wd)
                        You need to start your own thread instead of adding onto others with your questions,but look and see if this thread will help or do a search of the forum.

Help needed yamaha tach wiring - iboats Boating Forums

Comment

thank you for your help boats.net, much appreciated.

Comment

I believe my customer has digital gauges that are NOT command link. So I would assume they are Analogue driven. Trying to get the tach signals from boith new 2009 150 4-strokes. So the wires are to two seperate digital square digital gauges. I believe the tack signal is green. But I see two different greens...one smaller in diameter that the other. One is in a single pin connecter and the other goes into a 6-pin harness? What/which do I use?

There is also a black that is singularly connected...

Help!

If there is a newer pdf that would show the wire harness, It would be MUCH appreciated!

tmartin000@gmail.com

Comment

Try this, looks like blue and yellow is for a light switch for the gauge. http://www.mbcboats.com/perfbull/Yam...KitInstall.pdf

If connect the yellow and blue wire together the back light in gauges will come on when ignition key is turned on.
                              If the blue wire is connected to Navigation light switch on boat then the back lights will come on when light switch
                              is turned on.
                              Last edited by cpostis; 07-08-2016, 10:46 AM. Reason: Added further information.
                              Chuck,
                              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
                              X