Help..ran out of oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..ran out of oil

Long story....but i ran out of oil (hp225 1993) noticed right way and killed engine. Let cool down and started but ran rough. Crused back about 10 miles and overgeated...once again let cool down. Mad it back home anorther 10 miles with no problems and seemed to run ok....after about 5 miles got up on plane and ran aroung 25mph with no problems.

replaed plugs with autocraft plugs. But when i put in bback in the water today it ran real rough and had a soft clicking sound and seems to be missing...any suggestions.

Thanks...big bummer great baot and motor brfore this.

sounds like you may have toasted the motor.without oil there is no lube for the bearing and cylinder walls. time for an overhaul.
    Originally posted by otisishere View Post
    Long story....but i ran out of oil (hp225 1993) noticed right way and killed engine. Let cool down and started but ran rough. Crused back about 10 miles and overgeated...once again let cool down. Mad it back home anorther 10 miles with no problems and seemed to run ok....after about 5 miles got up on plane and ran aroung 25mph with no problems.

replaed plugs with autocraft plugs. But when i put in bback in the water today it ran real rough and had a soft clicking sound and seems to be missing...any suggestions.

Thanks...big bummer great baot and motor brfore this.

Comment

Working...
    X